Thursday, November 12, 2009

Brent

When I met this guy it was at a gallery in Chelsea. I didn't know he was an artist there. I think he was bummed I didn't know he ws an artist there. But I think he was also happy I wasn't going to ask him about his art. Or anyone's art for that matter. I went home, and like any good internet stalker, I watched his films. This one made me cry a bit. I immediatley understood his relief about not having to probably talk about his art, hearing things like "post-post modern" and "meta-ness." He didn't go to college. He didn't sit through years of something called "theory." Yesterday I saw him correct the spelling of "womyn" in the sign in book at a gallery- genuinely unaware of the grave anti-feminist act he just commited.

http://nervousfilms.com/multimedia/