Thursday, January 7, 2010

My Friend Goo


So it seems finding jars of goo throughout my house is a new normal I must learn how to deal with. This week alone there have been a jar filled with a glue/food coloring mixture used as window paint*(pictured at right) a litle too close to the computer and a mug sitting on my bathroom sink brimming with a cornsyrup/food coloring mixture for some good old fashioned movie blood! These are just adding to the plethora of resin/stick mixing buckets (which I keep threatening to turn into an art piece "Bucket Stick 1 of 27") and the many, many jars of homemade stain mixes. O ! The UPS man is here with the new camera! Yay! Must clean those goo jars....um...later?

*One of the things Leonard did when he was building his home was paint the windows of the house different colors. I'm not sure whether he was trying to make the windows into stained glass or if he was trying to maybe get some light therapy to work for his wife? Either way it was an act of love and the glowing light they cast is pretty beautiful....makes me wonder why colored glass isn't a more common, calming thing.