Tuesday, October 25, 2011

At Home With the Sculpture

We brought home the sculpture from EMPAC and are trying to get it in working order! Thanks to my crash course in computer networking (thanks Peter & Dave!) I was able to access the tower that holds all the secrets, I mean animation clips, which is just a small part of the reconstructive battle! We also had to get a piece of it re-welded (no, it wasn't because I am a welding novice, it was because Ryan had to grind it down to fit in the car!) which meant a trip to a local fabrication factory where an old friend of Brent's (who just started making these awesome lights!) helped put the metal back together! 

Now it is a matter of finessing wires and then, soon, it will be alive in the house! Much like the tiny mouse I keep seeing running under the sculpture! O yes, winter friends! Here is a pic titled "At Home With The Sculpture." Notice the home to art ratio?! It's getting hard to tell the difference, hmmm...