Saturday, December 15, 2012

Slow Blog Apology, Fast Life Exhaustion

Well...I am a bad blogger right now. But, it's because I am busy. Busy doing what you may ask? Well: currently I am a reader for the Electric Literature Recommended Reading series, a screener for a NY based film fest, writing an article on the future of film for a magazine (OMG I am so excited to share this with you when it is finished!), employed by a goat milk caramel farm, and waitressing at a pretty bad-ass restaurant hidden in the shadow of a mountain in a tiny, rural New England town..! Some days I feel like I am getting lost up here on the banks of the Connecticut River Valley but other days I feel like I am hiding out with James Tate and all of the other little reclusive pockets of thinkers, makers, and fellow puritan punks dotting the mountainsides in front of winter fires. Blogging will continue though...also, how do you guys feel about a radio edition of the blog?

In other news...here are a few links of interest for you:

1. Things to do to help out the suffers from the (most recent) national tragedy involving guns
...and another, this one a different take on a largely overlooked component of these types of incidents, that of mental illness.

3. My favorite collection of poetry on the web.

4. Reprints of Leonard Maltin's film mag Film Fan Monthly are now available for $5 an issue! Little time capsules of cinematic history, a great gift for any film lover!