Monday, July 4, 2011

Must Be Doing Something Right to Last 235 Years

So sorry for the lag in posting...we went to Louisville late last week to dismantle the Gravity set which we had rebuilt in Louisville Kentucky a few months back! We took everything down, loaded it into trucks, drove home the trucks and then spent this fourth of July unloading the trucks (including a quick swimming and sandwich eating break which I think restored our sanity after these last few days of heavy lifting and travel!). I did have some misfortune while down in Louisville though...if anyone tries to sell you a black market camera down there with the serial number (S04) 2004:02:04 no.0147 that is my camera! Give me back my camera! You can keep my license if you really want it....? And all the lint accumulating in my wallet! But my camera is an old dear friend that I bought used off of an old dear friend and it seems irreplaceable right about now....

I am a bit sad that the last remaining pictures of the set standing are gone but I guess that it is teaching me to let go of the winding down of this installation....and, well, we still have the thousands of still frames of the set in animated form (the movie is STILL animated! Despite what this recent article about our good friend and film booker in crime Mike Plante seems to say) that are still projecting across screens all over the globe!


So, to wind down this fourth of July I leave you with swimming holes recommended to me by the talented Louisvillian musician who missed out on seeing our film set in his hometown (which is totally lame but understandable): The Swimming Holes of Kentucky by Will Oldham, "I have heard that there is a good spot to jump in the Ohio at Garvin Brown Park, down River Road. I like swimming in the river. also I have heard about a quarry in Lagrange Ky. I haven't been there yet myself, but the baristas at Quills Coffee know about it!" Still hope to maybe one day work on a film with him...have I told you all about the circus film? Ah yes, the circus film....for now naps!