Thursday, July 28, 2011

Ticket to Ride

Awhile back we met the lovely ladies of the Branchage Film Festival over in the states. The words bodacious and charming come to mind when thinking of them and their stylish (and interestingly programmed!) film festival hidden off of the coast of England and having them help bring Gravity to London made for the perfect gem of a live screening in this city!

First off, the screening was hosted by Black Rat Projects, a gallery in the Shoreditch section of the city, whose greatness I wasn't fully prepared for. I knew they worked with some of the best contemporary artists out there but it wasn't until I entered the cave-like former train depot (which still had a rumbling line above it!) and was confronted with some pretty intense work did I understand the true scope of this gallery. For goodness sake, I set my foley kit up in front of a Swoon! A beautiful, lovely, inspiring SWOON! Crazy! As many people as could fit into the space made for a small crowd huddled under the curved brick, listening to our final Gravity performance on this little mini-tour. I really thought the show went well and that the four piece band (made of Drew, Brent, John & Me) played great together for this one and, judging by the crying eyes, I think the audience felt the same! This was such a great end to our band travels and the warm hearts of London really made me want to stay...maybe we can come back for some tea sometime soon? Yes?