Friday, May 28, 2010

now showing



So...let's see...screenings! This June we have three scheduled screenings of Gravity Was Everywhere Back Then! The first is a live performance of the film at the Hammer Museum in L.A., the next is a screening at the PFA Archives in Berkeley California & the last is another live performance at Rooftop Films in NYC. Whew! For the live versions we are planning on screening the film with just the dialogue track as Brent provides the live narration, musicians create an improvised soundtrack based around musical themes from the film, and I bang out some live sound effects! The density & fragility of this film is going to make it challenging since I think those very same qualities are inherent in live productions but at the same time I know that the end result is always a unique, beautiful experience (lol, I think I just describe life there?)! I can't wait! I also can't wait to see L.A. for the first time?! And the Pacific Ocean for the second time! Now onto practicing my live foley skills!