Friday, October 28, 2011

Button Button Whose Got the Button

The sculpture is up & running! Yay! A little course in QLab (a software used for...I don't really know what? Creative work flow management? Producing multimedia installations and theater productions through one workspace/start button? Eh...I'll get back to you when I understand more....), a primer in tripleheads (uh...a box that takes in multiple inputs and feeds them into one source in order to get information and multiple monitors synced- think daytraders and  gaming/military set ups, which, according to the internet, both regularly use and which also adds another layer to the densely political content that will be displayed on these multiple monitors), and some understanding of computer networking/ISP linking led me to really help out on the reconstruction of this piece! It also led me to realize that we must mark EVERY SINGLE wire before taking it apart again! Now, we await the arrival of more polarized film, animate like crazy woods-dwelling recluses, try to streamline the wire-y tangle hidden behind the sculpture (abstract pic of piece seen here) and then premier it to the public in early 2012 (it is still a secret on where...! Soon I can shout it from the rooftops--soon!).

I've also been learning a ton about animation cels...two things I have learned already: hairs stuck on glass can be very, very distracting when shooting the frame and, when painting a cel, it is good to go heavy on the paint right up to the line of the image (especially with Brent's jagged little sharpie marks flying on the edges of all things!). So much work to do still but, I know, it will be worth it! Now...what is all of this about snow? It looks too much like Fall for this to be happening...or maybe just my laundry looks like Fall?