Tuesday, March 30, 2010

perpetual and furious refrain

After the gallery show in New York we're headed out to Berkeley California to install a museum show that opens May 2nd at the Berkeley Art Museum/Pacific Film Archives. I have never been to the westcoast and definitely have some sort of Gold Rush- land of possibilities nostalgia for it for no particuar reason. I also think everything is beautiful there and there's healthy, tasty food on every corner and, especially in San Francisco, it is perpetually 1967. How off am I? We'll see soon enough! The museum show is going to have a bunch of film shorts, a few mechanical sculptures and a screening of Gravity in June. The giant tub that was delivered a little while back is for one of these sculptures. Basically we are going to make a sort of record out of it with these 8 foot tall wooden characters attached that "sing" out of wooden phonograph horns as the huge tower rotates. I am the resident primer paint coater around here so I've been spending some quality time with the beginning stages of these wooden guys & gals lately! Yesterday while painting a parade of the neighbors chickens (this is the reality of free range: chickens all over the place) came by to help me out/be shooed out of the basement.  I wonder if they are laying eggs in the yard? A REAL Easter egg hunt?! Yes! I love how this place legitimately turns me into a kid!