my little corner of the world

As a former English major and a NY publishing ex-pat Brent's writing is definitely the thing that drew me to work on this film. Even though I know what most of the script is once in awhile I will hear a clip of edited narration and I will be totally stunned. One line from the film that I was unaware of until recently speaks of how we all sort of build our own world- which was definitely true of our character Leonard Wood who literally built his surroundings piece by piece as a means to escape and find comfort in a larger, confusing existence. I think this is the first time that the scope of what Brent was trying to convey was something he couldn't just build himself which led us to a strange afternoon of filming in the macrocosm of New York City. We went down to Wall Street to film for a bit where we were met with a blast of sound echoing along the cobblestone streets only to round the corner and find the below scene. Brent sat on a bench with his camera, eyed at by the massive amount of post 9/11 security given his beard & general suspicious nature, while I did my best tourist impression in the rainy, overwhelming world outside of our own little constructed farm existence...



Please visit TEAM DONNA K. for more information about this blog and other creative pursuits of Donna Kozloskie.