Friday, March 26, 2010

this is not my beautiful house

Today (it's been a few days now but I've been too busy to post anything) began Day One of bringing down the house...Leonard's house that is. As I keep sort of mentioning the main set house of the film is travelling around for some art shows in the upcoming year. The first stop is at the Edlin Gallery in New York City in April. Today I tried to devise a way to take apart the house so that putting it back  together would be the least painful. I remember watching these art handlers at a booth in Miami last winter as they tried to decode pages and pages of instructions on how to reconstruct this metal pole house neon with chair sculpture (?), at one point I even joked "It's just like Ikea!" to which I was greeted with cold stares. Very cold stares. I totally comprehend those very cold stares now! Triangular piece C1a is totally an extension of Wall C2 in the back of the roof of the elevated bedroom tower...duh! So much work, so so tired, so didn't go to architecture school...what will Day Two bring?