let's go fly a kite

Today I set out to make a prop for one of the few small scenes we're filming to round out the first edit of Gravity Was Everywhere Back Then. The building started with me stepping on a piece of plywood with a three inch screw sticking out of it sending it right through my shoe and right into my foot. Not the best way to begin a project! After a band aid and a change into some work boots I headed back out to make my bird trap.... As I mentioned before my character in the film collects bird eggs for a living so I had this idea that she would attach a birdcage to a kite and lure them into a new home in addition to her trap door birdhouses. To film a kite in stop motion means two kinds of wire, a 16ft 2x4, some drilling, some metal cutting, screws and a lot of patience are needed instead of just wind! At least the weather is back to being a breezy pre-Spring mild so there's no kite flying lightning fears but the nice weather has awoken the neighborhood gun enthusiasts with the echoing Appalachian trail making them sound dangerously near!



Please visit TEAM DONNA K. for more information about this blog and other creative pursuits of Donna Kozloskie.