Monday, August 9, 2010

Canada!

It's official: Gravity will be part of this year's annual Ottawa International Animation Festival! I am oddly excited about this for some reason, maybe it's because I remember happening on the cartoon showcase "O! Canada" on tv (which is where I saw What On Earth- an animation that I will never, ever forget) when I was a kid and seeing some spectacular shorts, or maybe it's because I spent a whole day (so so sorry) watching cartoons at an office job when I discovered that the intriguing student animations of Canadian film schools were available on the internet or maybe it's because the festival seems pretty amazing in every single aspect! All I know is that Gravity will be screening in the company of one of my favorite animated filmmakers and I cannot wait for this event! Did I mention the festival has a pumpkin carving contest?! At a picnic?! YAY! Or a AYE!