Wednesday, June 29, 2011

An Unprovoked Ad for a Westcoast Film Legend

I normally don't tend to talk about too many places after we have done a show at them but....can I just tell you again how awesome The Cinefamily is? Every single time an event invite comes up on my calendar for them I have the same reaction: 1. Oh My Goodness! This looks like sooOOoo much fun! 2. Damn! It is in L.A.! Presented by The Cinefamily at The Silent Movie Theater! (shakes fist at The Cinefamily! And the awesome westcoast in general!).

Their Everything Is Festival, in conjunction with the (VHS?) collective Everything is Terrible!, is about to kick off and it is not just awesome but totally awesome! Including Andrew W.K. motivationally speaking on partying, Mark Hosler from the collective Negativland orating on illegal art, The Pelican Brief Project (whose trailer I cannot stop watching!), Brain Bludgeon (self explanatory), that version of Raiders of the Lost Ark a bunch of twelve year olds made in the 80s- and so much more! This in addition to the constant stream of The Cinefamily's themed parties and sleepovers makes me want to pack up everything and head out there! (I must find a way to blog for other movies besides the one's we make in our yard...hmmm...dreams of L.A. sunsets [pictured, or is that a sunrise? Anyone know?]...sigh....anyway...). The Cinefamily is a nonprofit so if you love the movies like they love the movies....donate today! Or at least go to every screening that you can!