Saturday, December 4, 2010

This Is Where the Magic Happens

Hollywood, you are really a little too into special effects lately: first there was a huge fire on the runway during our planes take off, then we saw a woman drive her car, full speed, head on into a cop car! This wasn't the kind of cinematic magic I was looking for...but, the giant California Raisin shaking hands with everyone outside of The Cinefamily? Yes, my kind of magic. And a Labyrinth/Return to Oz Costume Pajama Party? YES, this IS the kind of magic I was looking for! Ah Cinefamily, providing my kind of (silent) special effects since 1942, then with sound since 2007!

In fact, talking to the theater manager today we learned that Brent's live program of shorts that he performed here in 2007 was the first show with sound performed at the space when The Cinefamily took it over! So, tomorrow we bring even more noise to (The Cinefamily at ) The Silent Movie Theater at 10pm featuring a line up of Brendan on drums, Drew on theramin/guitar/various noise machines, John on cello and Howe on piano keyboard (or possibly vintage silent movie theater organ if I can convince someone of what a great idea that would be!)! Here are pictures I was taking moments before I saw that REAL car crash earlier today..I still think our car crash is better though!