Sunday, February 28, 2010

this is why I can't have nice things

                Animating.....

                                                                   

                                                                                    .....and foley-ing!


 Here is Brent as he takes a break from animating in order to cover the house, and the cat, in blue fingerprints while I make the sound of gravel-y footsteps using a bike chain!

When we were in NY getting that fish and doing errands recently we went to a fundraiser for our friend Peter's arts organization Triple Canopy. While there a woman I know asked me what I have been doing lately and I tried explaining it to her "You know? Making sound effects? For the film? Um...?" She asked me if I had any training or background in it which made me stutter thinking, "Should I? Am I qualified to be doing this?" Which then made me laugh imagining my lack of "sound making credentials," especially because I think years and years of classical music training actually are coming in handy in the sound department...? Sort of? Right? Ha! I DO have sound making credentials! Anyway...animating and foley-ing, animating and foley-ing...