Thursday, September 30, 2010

the walls came tumbling down

I know, I know, I talk about the walls we built for the film a lot! The 16ft of a wooden frame, another 16ft of pipes, all covered with black curtains (I painstakingly sewed!), erected in the backyard as a backdrop for some of the scenes in the film. Well, today, without the other elements of the set as an anchor, the remainder of the walls fell down! I must admit I am so relieved that they fell down naturally so we didn't have to enact the tractor pull chain rope system Brent was constructing in his head as a means of wall demolition... Also, I do have to admit there are a lot less stormy nights lying awake in fear of the walls prematurely crashing down but, there was something nice about having those monolithic set barriers as a visual sign of the films progress...they kind of look like an unrighted ship in today's photos! I wouldn't put it past the weather today to throw a ship in our yard...bring on the (non-set threatening) winter!