Saturday, July 16, 2011

It is Oz

We made it to Australia! Yay! After an epic plane flight and an unexpected jaunt in first class, which (as we sipped complimentary champagne and stretched our legs out over the Pacific Ocean) we were all so shocked by we feared they would kick us out at any moment, we landed in Perth! Not all of our luggage made it safely though...including a bunch of much needed instruments but hopefully they will turn up before our show on Sunday and everything will be fine!


 At first I thought my extreme jet lag was the cause of everything being so beautiful here, the light pouring off of the trees, vivid animals scampering, the general friendliness, but, as I awake little by little I realize that no, it is not my sleep deprived mind, Australia is actually just that beautiful! While walking around downtown Perth I somehow managed to see a wild jellyfish, a fish, a duck and a parrot all in the same moment in the middle of a towering city of buildings!? Beautiful and crazy! Brent & I are headed out to buy some (also much needed) underwear that has managed to be lost in transit- more on the wonder of Australia soon!