Sunday, July 10, 2011

Sweet Sweet Sweet Sweet Sweden

We're going to Sweden? All signs point to yes! Straight after returning from Australia the Gravity gang (Me, Brent, Drew & John) will all be heading to do a few shows in Sweden and a show in London! The Swedish shows are mostly part of a festival called Music Doc which looks pretty neat...if I can translate their site using the fascinating power of the internet I will let you know more! All I know about Sweden can be found in this song and I better not be disappointed! Just kidding Sweden, there is no way you are as magical as that song makes you out to be...right?

As for the London show...it will be taking place at Black Rat Projects, a gallery space that features some crazy good art! Including s print project by (one of my few art crushes who has managed to make such progressive/important work all over the world, in & on all kinds of places, ladies and gentleman the amazing) Banksy! This show is in conjunction with the Branchage Film Festival, the sister fest of the superfantastic  True/False Film Festival (which I will never stop applauding , they have an online magazine now too! YAY!), who we met while in Missouri and who have been nothing but wonderful!


I am a little out of the loop on the specifics of these shows....hopefully more will come to light soon and I can tell you all about it! For now we practice (pictured) as a four piece for a bit in the basement of our beloved Drew Henkels who just got his very first tattoo, congrats Drew! Now,  let's find out if I can play the drums....?