Tuesday, November 1, 2011

A Dime Found in the Snow

Right now I am writing this down on a piece of paper to type into a computer (which I am obviously doing- right now!). Why, you might ask, am I reverting to primitive technology? Why don't I just write a blog post on a computer like a normal blog-type person? Well, I'll tell you why: there has been no power for 1 2 3+ days! All thanks to an early season snowfall weighing down tree limbs still full of leaves, knocking out a tree and then knocking out an entire telephone pole! Being a film/art studio without power is no way to be a film/art studio at all! It is especially fitting that my only analogue task here at Nervousfilms, screen printing t-shirts, has recently been dissolved along with our webstore. Too much traveling and not one working laptop DVD burner made the promptness of web order delivery shaky at best leading to one too many angry customer e-mails, a thing that wasn't exactly our intention with our (barely breaking even) webstore!

Speaking of which, since we abandoned t-shirt and DVD sales we have a bunch of t-shirts lying around! Which I want to share! I'll send along a Nervousfilms t-shirt, free of charge, to the first few people to e-mail me (donna@nervousfilms.com)- sizes are limited but I'll try my best to find the right one! Just a warning: it might take awhile...! Ok, more posts to be typed up soon in the warm glow of electricity!