Friday, November 5, 2010

Free Love Freeway


The morning of most art openings involves a lot of sweeping, the hauling of beverages & general sound maintenance and tonight's opening at Diverseworks is no exception! On a coffee run to keep us going today I walked under the Houston freeway and finally felt American. Houston is a great big driving city so I find it fitting that this artspace is tucked nearly under a roaring road, on a street called East Freeway to be exact!

 I think that's why I really like this city, there is a creative community within this enourmous-money-driven place and the balance seems almost symbiotic (unlike New York where it feels like the city's money is eclipsing most other ways of being, besides rich). Alright, I got to go sleep somemore, I mean sweep...o how I wish it was the former!