Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Houston, We Are Doing Just Fine

Heading to Houston way sooner than I want to admit...! Brent has been making these giant drawings, slowly sprawling out into a relatives neighboring (pink interior-ed?) barn (which the relative isn't too happy about), for his upcoming Houston show. A recent article about the Houston Cinema Arts Festival, found here, features a great quote from the co-executive director of Diverse Works, Diane Barber, about the first time she saw Brent perform:

"I’d never seen anything like it. Not only was the film intriguing and unusual, but the intensity of Brent’s delivery made for a magical experience. I was riveted and when he finished I thought to myself, 'This guy is a creative genius,' " Barber recalls. "Since then, I’ve gotten to know Brent a little bit and I still think he’s a genius, but I also think he’s a little crazy, but in a good way.

Crazy for sure but, like my mom said, "The people you think are sane you just don't know well enough!"