Saturday, October 30, 2010

Texas Never Whispers

















In my last post extolling the wonders of Diverseworks I completely forgot to mention what city it lies on the outskirts of! Houston! Houston, Texas! I have only driven through the top of Texas once or twice so this is my first real immersion into what this enormous state is all about...and, being that some of my favorite people are from Texas, I am eager to explore it in all it's glory! So far I have had some tacos, some BBQ, seen two grown woman in chunky glasses and couture sweatsuits get huffy at the craft store and come across some pretty beautiful buildings (in addition to some not so beautiful ones). There seems to be a lot of culture blooming here in all kinds of forms making it an odd mix of just about everything, a city that one would have to be in for a long time to even begin to discover the vast sprawl & offerings of the place but, for now, a starting point of discovery is all of the events we're a part of here this coming month- oil, ribs, film & art! Stay awesome Texas!