Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Screenings! Premiers! Bikes!

Have some reports on upcoming Gravity screenings to share! Woohoo! The Buenos Aires Festival Internacional De Cine Independiente (BAFICI!) has announced the date and times that Gravity will be showing in Buenos Aires Argentina (April 9th, 10th & 16th it seems), our South American premier! The festival seems massive so it is really hard to get a sense of what it is all about... I see they are having a bunch of outdoor screeings and a ton of industry related lectures, panels and interviews! Maybe I can have one of my ex-pat friends report on the events down there? Hm...?

The film will also be playing for one night only (April 8th) at the Salt Lake City Film Center in Utah! I don't know anything about this screening but...after some quick internet research I think I can safely say this film center is pretty wonderful offering everything from an evening with Michael Ondaajte about adpating his book, The English Patient, into a film (never saw the movie but the book was pretty thick with beauty and themes of the complicated systems of war, religion and love!) to Tumbleweeds, the first annual film festival for children and youth! So glad Gravity is going ot be a part of this nice film community! [Side note: Speaking of which, made it to the Troy Bike Rescue finally for a little show of some bands, the space is an incredible building in the name of bikes, recycling and just general community building awesomeness! Some pictures of the rad space seen here!]

Now, back to working on Brent's animation project which is probably the hardest thing I have ever had to do in the name of Brent art (and I have risked my life at great heights and sewn thousands of feet of fabric in the name of Gravity alone!), let's just say my hands look like I was mauled by a large, feral cat right now! Art!