Wednesday, March 9, 2011

True/False IV


After we came through Columbia Missouri last summer I remember being instantly struck by the awesomeness of the town- the beauty and feeling of community, the intelligence and hunger for progressive newness, the movie theater and the food! When David Wilson (the co-director of the fest along with Paul Sturtz, who I didn't get the chance to meet!) asked us back to the town for True/False to perform Gravity live I was ecstatic, since I had been trying to think of a reason to go back there ever since we left! The crowds were a perfect balance of interested Missourians and (not too) serious film people and the films all covered the current state of human culture: where we have been, how we have gotten here and where we are going.

Since the beginning of film it has been used as a medium to move people, for better or worse, and document things around us, both true and false, this festival really embodies the essence of cinema to me and I only hope we have another excuse to go back one day! But, until then, I will definitely be telling everyone I meet about the best, most relevant film festival in the middle of nowhere (some pictures of the town seen here!)! Officially part of the True/False cult (sips the True/False Kool Aid from my new True/False water bottle whilst wearing my True/False Hoodie, smiles! Then signs petitions regarding every social cause I was confronted with on screen during True/False.)