Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Eye of the Tiger


Everytime I told someone I was going to the Rotterdam International Film Festival they immediately said "It's the best one!" Which, I think might be true...?! The programming has everything from alternative mainstream films (127 hours, Black Swan, Blue Valentine) to first time filmakers (Bad Posture, New Jerusalem) who have never been shown in front of an audience to a vigorous program of artistic shorts (Time and Again). It is also the first time I've been to this kind of thing where it seems the festival was specifically designed for the city (or maybe the other way around?), mainly due to the immaculate venues and sea of resources.

Today marks the first day I think I might actually get to see a film that is not our own! Yay! I can't wait! Has anyone seen anything I must see? Or something I won't be able to see in the American woods? Which I guess means most anything? Please, please send suggestions!