Tuesday, November 1, 2011

She Will Clean Out The Barn With A White Boa Thrown Round Her Neck

The whole not having electricity thing was slightly charming at first but....after day three of dim light and daytime inside temperatures hovering around 40°F the charm wore out! Brent is residence-ing it up at Penn State (I don't really know entirely what he is making there but communication includes: "I just finished the chair legs! And the face! And I bought some mugs from some students!" which leads me to think a ceramics studio is involved in said face and chair? We'll see!) so my adventures in the wilderness are a lone battle, complete with baying coyotes which scared the cold right out of me last night!

In efforts to mostly stay warm (our little barn runs solely off of electricity- heat, well pump, stove- all of it! Which, after this debacle, the debate over getting a woodstove is settled!) I decided to spiff up the larger, non-living section of the barn where I found tiny little Nervousfilms milestones covered in sawdust (and regular dust) in every corner! Like a hand painted VHS copy of the 2nd film Brent ever animated called Francis, and (Holiday relevant!) gravestones that were props in Gravity, and this tiny window- what could this tiny window even be from? Anyway...more warming activities to be had! Like building a fire! No, really. I've been building small cooking fires outside and, if I do say so myself, I have gotten quite good at campfire cuisine! But that could be the campfire warmed spiked cider talking! Remember when I lived in a major city....? (picture of one of many neighboring barns slowly melting in the snow)