She Will Clean Out The Barn With A White Boa Thrown Round Her Neck

The whole not having electricity thing was slightly charming at first but....after day three of dim light and daytime inside temperatures hovering around 40°F the charm wore out! Brent is residence-ing it up at Penn State (I don't really know entirely what he is making there but communication includes: "I just finished the chair legs! And the face! And I bought some mugs from some students!" which leads me to think a ceramics studio is involved in said face and chair? We'll see!) so my adventures in the wilderness are a lone battle, complete with baying coyotes which scared the cold right out of me last night!

In efforts to mostly stay warm (our little barn runs solely off of electricity- heat, well pump, stove- all of it! Which, after this debacle, the debate over getting a woodstove is settled!) I decided to spiff up the larger, non-living section of the barn where I found tiny little Nervousfilms milestones covered in sawdust (and regular dust) in every corner! Like a hand painted VHS copy of the 2nd film Brent ever animated called Francis, and (Holiday relevant!) gravestones that were props in Gravity, and this tiny window- what could this tiny window even be from? Anyway...more warming activities to be had! Like building a fire! No, really. I've been building small cooking fires outside and, if I do say so myself, I have gotten quite good at campfire cuisine! But that could be the campfire warmed spiked cider talking! Remember when I lived in a major city....? (picture of one of many neighboring barns slowly melting in the snow)



Please visit TEAM DONNA K. for more information about this blog and other creative pursuits of Donna Kozloskie.